Fiona's Book Voyage

Related to The Book Voyage on blogger. This is a test.
The Book Thief - Markus Zusak I am currently reading this book for the second time. This book portrays Nazi Germany not from the eyes of a Holocaust victim, as many suspect from Holocaust fiction, but from the eyes of a orphaned German girl living in on Himmel Street.Liesel steals books, but she is never greedy with it. In the story she could conceivably steal several hundred books-as many as she could carry- yet she only steals one. The thieving starts simple enough. She takes The Grave Digger's Handbook out of the snow after she has watched her brother buried. At this time, Liesel cannot read well, but she soon learns, from a combination of regular school and "midnight classes" with her adopted father. As Liesel ages and becomes learns more of the politics of the time, she begins to hunger for more books. Through gifts and thievery, she gradually expands her books collection. She has a love of words and books; she longs for it, which I think is something we can all understand,Personally, I greatly enjoy the style of the book. It is told from the point of view of Death, which yes, seems rather gimmicky, but Zusak pulls it off excellently.

The History of Pendennis
William Makepeace Thackeray
Progress: 142/890 pages
The Unbearable Book Club for Unsinkable Girls
Julie Schumacher
The History of Pendennis: His Fortunes & Misfortunes, His Friends & His Greatest Enemy (The Penguin English Library)
William Makepeace Thackeray